Sunday 1 April 2012

Hi Peeps

Another hot day on sunny Barbados!  Too hot, I never thought I would say that but it is literally melting out there! 

Took the kids to the park at Folkestone Park & Marine Reserve they raced around on the see-saw, double slide and anything else for their size!  Gives me a moment of peace to sit on the bench and read my latest library book - Extra Virgin by Annie Hawes, amongst the olive groves of liguria.  Yeah it was published way back in 2001 (which was the same year the Giant African Snail was introduced in Barbados and is now such a pest apparently the government pays 50c for every pound you collect).  Any hoos we took a stroll on the beach to get the feet wet and cool and was heading for the park when I said we need to wash the sand off our feet.  My youngest daughter then proceeded to wet her entire body to cool down!  Ah well, wish I could have done the same thing!

My oldest on the other hand is way upset today.  Why?  Well this is part of the "expat" frustrations of  living in a developing country - the wifi not working properly.  Probably because the Green Monkeys are swinging on a wire somewhere and this has caused our wifi to go to pot for the past 4 days.  Also we are supposed to be moving house and the excitment is too much as we are about to have our very own swimming pool!  This way when the waves are too big at the beach we can still cool off in the clear waters of the pool.  Hopefully we won't need to share the pool with the many toads & singing frogs we hear at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment